Sunday, January 16, 2011

Technomania Circus

What a night... Sorry about the promising about masks, school and new job start next week so maybe that regimen will get me back to them. At least that's my reasoning. I instead finished cleaning my room. Somehow...
I am still in disbelief about it actually.


BUT Back to what the title of this post pertains to!
Tonight, I went to the Technomania Circus. It was absolutely fantastic. The show was Space Pirate Dance Party themed, if you can wrap your mind around that. There were fire jugglers, pirate jokes, robots, alien birth all over the stage, extreme acts of balancing and even a rockin' song about testosterone! Along with gratuitous amounts of blacklight. AND HILARITY.

These guys put on a performance once a month for the low low price of $10. So much better than wasting money on some movie that you won't remember a week later. I heard about it through the San Diego Burning Man announce email list and at first I couldn't believe that there was an underground circus act right in my own home area. Hell, I had to see it to believe it. I wish I had pictures, but at the same time I hate experiencing things from behind a lens and this was a participatory event. It had much of the same energy that you feel out at Burning Man. WHICH FELT AWESOME.

The fact that this was going on in someone's backyard. In the Barrio(a kinda run down area in SD). The front of the house had a huge neon sign outside that read "Technomania Circus." On Homemade stage. With Homemade lighting rigs. A big white and blue striped tarp/tent over the audience of maybe 30-40 people. Makeshift props. AND A CROWS NEST THAT THEY STOOD ON AND SHOT FIRE FROM.

Really world. I do love you. I just wish more of you was like this. I mean, not all of you. Cause that would diminish its uniqueness. But really, more stuff like this for folks under 21 to do. And for only 10$.

Proof? Right here:

No comments:

Post a Comment